Monday, 24 September 2012

Last of the summer...

Outside it's really autumn now, windy and rainy... So I'm now working on some autumn clothes for my two girls. But before, I would still like to show you some of my summer's work:

Cute pirate dress. I used the Hopscotch pattern from Ottobre 3/2012 adapted the sleeves a bit and added the skirt made of jersey scraps.

 Hopscotch without the ruffles.

A birthday shirt for our nephew. Robots from Ottobre 3/2012.

 Leggings for my youngest. Don't remember the pattern, I think I just copied some leggings that were lying around. My older daughter got similar leggings, same material...

Friday, 17 August 2012

baby set for a cute cuban boy

A friend of ours recently gave birth to a cute little boy. Since she is Cuban, there had to be some Spanish text on it, so we chose some lines from 'la bamba'.

The placing of the text is a bit chaotic - all intentional of course ;)

Detail of the front

the back of the shirt

The jersey is called 'Take a ride' - the colours are quite strong, but I like it combined like this.
The patterns are from Ottobre, the shirt Nr 7 from 4/2006, the pants are Anis 1/2010 - love this pattern!

Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Action pics - beautiful wraps ;)

Just to spam some more pictures, here are some action pics of my Didymos tussah silk fish caribe / ecru:

And nothing at all selfmade here, but I'm still so happy with those Natibaby silk swallows:

Friday, 13 July 2012

Tussah Fish Salvia are dead...

...long live Tussah Fish Caribe / Ecru

I had my doubts about messing around once more with my Didymos Tussah Silk Fish, but since I had found some promising food colour and it was a project I could do with the kids, I just plunged into it - almost literally...

Still wet...

Dried fish...

They are quite flashy, especially after the elegant, sophisticated, mild Salvia look, but I quite like them, definitely very summery :)

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Birthday outfit for my youngest

Birthday preparations and holiday preparations are quite tough together... Since we mostly stayed with friends or members of , holiday preparations included quite a lot of sewing, too: we try to bring some small gifts to our hosts - will show a picture one day.

Anyway, once we were back, I still had two days to go till my sweet little daughter would turn one! I had to sew a dress for Florina (see post below), embroider and sew the number for the birthday crown and make a dress for my cute birthday girl (ah yeah, and a cake, too!)

Here it is:

and here with the birthday crown

The mouse etc. has been embroidered free hand

Thursday, 21 June 2012

Her name is FLORINA

My family has decided: From all the suggestions we got on different forums we liked Florina most :)

Somebody asked for 'nude pictures' to see the proportions better. I must say that I'm not all too happy with the proportions, so please, if you have suggestions how to improve the pattern for the next doll, please let me know!

Monday, 4 June 2012

Wanted: a name for the most recent addition to our family

For our youngest daughter's first birthday I made a Waldorf style doll:

I'm quite happy with it, just we can't come up with a name for the dolly girl... Her sister is called Pauline, so it should somehow fit a bit to that name. Please help me find a good name for her!

Tuesday, 1 May 2012


...on sweet daughter's coat. The corduroy material is actually a dark aubergine with pink polkadots. The pattern is Ottobre 4/2010 St Germain.

This project was a bit of a challenge for my nerves, not that it was per se difficult, but sometimes everything goes wrong that can go wrong... It started with the pattern that was not where the instructions claimed (that would have become a jumper). Then I cut out the facing for the collar without seam allowance - no idea, why, I guess I confused it with the fusable interfacing... Next in the line of desasters the embroidery. After the first colour was done, the whole thing was sucked into the machine and I really feared I would have to cut a hole into the piece... In the end I managed to disentangle it but then I had to make the machine restart at exactly the same position...

Since it worked out well and the embroidery unit was up anyway, I decided I could also put our name and 'minikin pin' in the lining. Great idea, if only I had taken measures against some of the material doubling during embroidering. So I had to unstitch several letters, which was no fun at all!

Great ideas usually come too late, like the idea of embellishing the slit pockets. Better before you sew it together, let me tell you!

The last desaster is actually the one that shows most: The buttonholes. Even though I took a piece of the material to make several test button holes, in the end they did not work out so well on the original...
All the rest looks quite nice and my daughter loves it :)